Do you celebrate Friendsgiving? Over the last few years this trend has become so popular. It’s the coming together of friends to feast Thanksgiving style without all the fuss. It’s generally celebrated after Thanksgiving so you still have time to plan one if you already don’t have one in the making! Keep it simple. Invite your friends over for a potluck. It’s best to coordinate what they will bring so that everyone doesn’t bring store bought pumpkin pie. Skip all the fancy china and use Chinette!
A fun activity to do before dinner is to have everyone write what they are thankful for on a piece of paper. Put it in a jar then pass the “gratitude” jar around the dinner table and have each person pick one and read out loud. The fun part is trying to figure out who wrote what.
|After dinner turn on Netflix and stream some good “friends” shows.
20 Dynamic Duos Available on Netflix
|For your little kids:|
|1. Bob and Larry: VeggieTales in the House
2. Bert and Ernie: Sesame Street: Elmo and Friends
3. Bo and Dezzy: Bo on the Go!
4. Justin and Olive: Justin Time
5. Tod and Copper: The Fox and the Hound 2
6. Clifford and Elizabeth: Clifford
|And your big kids|
|1. Phineas and Ferb
2. Shaggy and Scooby: Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated
3. Vada and Thomas: My Girl
4. Martin and Chris: Wild Kratts
5. Finn and Jake: Adventure Time
6. Mario and Luigi: The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!
7. Charlotte and Wilbur: Charlotte’s Web
|Plus a few for mom and dad:|
|1. Rory and Lorelai: Gilmore Girls
2. Schmidt and Nick: New Girl
3. Ted and Barney: How I Met Your Mother
4. Liz and Jack: 30 Rock
5. Walter and Jesse: Breaking Bad
6. Mulder and Scully: The X-Files
7. Wayne and Garth: Wayne’s World
When your guests are ready to leave send them home with stylish leftover containers. I got the tin containers from The Dollar Tree. You get 3 for $1. Just download the friendship printable below and print on card stock. Use double stick tape to adhere to lid. Fill with your leftovers.
Disclosure: I wrote this post in coordination with the Netflix #Stream Team. As a stream team member I received a subscription and a promotional item for participating.